April 21st-22nd, Bydgoszcz
Cooperation between a doctor and a patient is an important element of today’s health care. Doctors are increasingly indicating the need for improving their skills in patient contact. In recent years, more and more doctors are undergoing communication skills training. This is to develop and improve communication skills related to their field of work. Effective communication between the patient and medical staff affects treatment decisions and improves the quality of services provided by healthcare institutions.
On the first day of the Conference the following sessions will be held:
- Internal Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- Oncology &Hematology
- Psychiatry & Psychology
The speakers are specialists in various medical fields, who have day-to-day experience in developing communication skills among medical professionals.
The first day will end with a discussion panel between invited patients and communication specialists about the most common communication mistakes.
On the second day of the Conference:
- Scientific Papers Competition will take place (students, PhD students, and young scientists)
- Communication Skills Workshops.
Due to collaboration with Norwegian Medical Student Association, Norwegian students or student who plan to work there are welcome to participate in Norwegian Medical Law Session and CV writing workshops.
We encourage you to send abstracts! Abstracts (max. 300 words) should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students and young scientist (below 35 yo) are invited to participate in the contest. For more detailed information, check Conference Regulations (below).
The first stage of the registration deadline is 22nd of March at 23:59 or until participants limit is reached.
After registration, you will receive the e-mail providing the account details for the payment. Only after we receive payment, your registration is confirmed.
Active participation 70 PLN
Passive participation 50 PLN
For Nmf members: 45 PLN
For more information we invite you to visit:
The Conference is organized by the
- Student Scientific Group „Communication in Medicine” attached to Department of Paediatrics, Hematology, and Oncology, Nicolaus Copernicus University, LudwikRydygier Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz,
- Polish Society for Healthcare Communication.
- Vice-Rector for Research: Jacek Kubica, MD, PhD, Professor
- Vice-Rector for Collegium Medicum: GrażynaOdrowąż-Sypniewska, PhD, Professor
- Dean of the Faculty of Medicine: Katarzyna Pawlak-Osińska, MD, PhD, Professor
- Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences: KorneliaKędziora-Kornatowska, MD, PhD, Professor
The Conference is organized in collaboration with:
- Communication in Medicine Lab, Collegium Medicum, Nicolaus Copernicus University,
- IFMSA-Poland, Bydgoszcz (International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations),
- Norwegian Medical Students Association, Bydgoszcz,
- Student Scientific Society.